Wednesday, 24 March 2010

Around the World in 80 Days

Around the world in 80 days is a really interesting book, I love the adventures and i find it kind of shocking that you can actually travel around the world in 80 days in this story. I also found that monsieur Phileas and his butler, Passepartout are both really brave people. They actually took 20,000 pounds to travel. Monsieur Phileas also made a bet with his friend that he can travel around the world in 80 days and bet half of his fortune away. I didn't quite believe it that they can actually travel around the world just with 80 days WITHOUT a plane. Monsieur Phileas and his butler travelled all the way from Europe to India, then from India to Hong Kong, then from Hong Kong to America, and finally they reached back to England.
At first when i read the last part of the story I thought that Monsieur Phileas was going to lose all his money because they were mistaken that they returned to England too late but they actually arrived one day earlier than expected. I feel sorry for Monsieur Phileas because the detective Fix (who was sent by his friend to find out who has stolen money from his bank) mistaken him as a burglar and was about to arrest Phileas many times. I felt that these to characters Monsieur Phileas and his butler Passepartout are both very heroic because they even saved a girl on their journey whose name is Aouda (Monsieur Phileas later on married her)

2 comments:

Yelim said...

Who is the author of this book??? If its good, I think I should read it soon.

Yelim said...

Who is the author of this book??? If its good, I think I should read it soon.